Saturday, June 16, 2012

Why did I start making jewelry?

My mother and step mother passed 10 years ago.  Some of their jewelry items were interesting enough to be remade into other pieces of wearable art and it was a way for me to keep them in my memory.  Quickly I got the bug and started learning lots of different techniques - spreading myself way to thin, and buying way too much stuff.  It was fun and still is - this is the only hobby I've really stuck with.  As I look back at the photos of some older designs I am pleased to see how far I've come.  

Why do I love it ?  It's amazing that one pile of beads can be interpreted so many different ways, depending on the eye of the artist.   I also love it when someone else loves it enough to offer to buy it from me.  That is a great compliment.

Artfire has afforded me a reasonably priced place to show my work - just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment