Sunday, January 22, 2017

New Wire Wrapped Pendant


The book titled Build Your Own Wire Pendants by Kimberly Sciaraffa Berlin (page 31) was where I got my inspiration to make this 2" long pendant.  Funny, I think the handmade glass lamp work bead pictured is from the very first set I ever bought years ago.  This is a great way to use single beads from left over projects.  I have tons and have put my wire skills to use making this and also sun catchers for the window.  Only thing left to do is to make a metal bail for hanging on chain, leather or ?

one lampwork bead
several white and pink pearls
clear quartz rondelle
hot pink swarovski in 2 sizes
gold tone wire and 24g wire for wrapping.  (next time I'll use finer, 26 g)

This is an exercise in photographing (using my phone), editing (using Picmonkey) and figuring out the Google/photos world.  Computers are always a challenge for me, but this turned out ok and it worked.  (coming from the Microsoft world, supposedly this Google world is easier).

Also getting ready for the next Bead Soup - next Saturday, 1/26/2017 is signup day.  This will be my 3rd, and I have really enjoyed being a part of such a big group of talented folks.  Thank you Lori!


have a JOYFULGEM day

No comments:

Post a Comment