Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kay's Turquoise - Happy Mothers Day


These stones have been around for years, old Turquoise, my birthstone.  I just love them.  Mom died 2/22/02 so I kept a lot of her "junk" jewelry, which is what got me started in jewelry making in the first place.  Anyway, These stones have been in my stash for at least that long, and today I made them into wearable art for me.  Photographed in morning sunlight, I love the shadows, while wondering about the history of these stones.  I'll wear these in honor of mom.  Honor your mom while you have the opportunity.

In case you want details, the rocks are about 1" long, all sterling silver, reused old leverbacks and 1" end of a Bali headpin.  I'm not much for throwing things away.  Finished length from top of wire to bottom tip is 2 3/4" long. These aren't for sale - but will be my personal JOY to wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment