Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Bead Soup Partner...

Marianne Baxter - has been..." making jewelry forever. I love working in all kinds of materials but lately I have been working in glass. I have been making fused glass and have started working also in Lampworking. I also do a lot of beading and belong to a local beading group as well as the International Society of Glass Beadmakers. ".... this copied from her blog.  She is also the coordinator for http://www.studio-tours.com/
North Coast Artists Guild 20th Annual Studio Discovery Tour (see details on above link.)  Gee, makes me want to go to California and check it out!  DH says that country is beautiful.  Still coming up - there't time to plan your Summer Art Tour!!!

Check out the beautiful handmade glass dichroic beads she sent me.  I love them, used both clasps too.  One glass piece has a groove, or channel for wire wrapping.  I've always wanted to learn how to wire wrap that type of focal - so after Summer will learn to do it. 

Please check out Mariannes blog:  http://simplyseablimejewelry.blogspot.com/

.... and watch for our reveal goodies on August 25th!  

No comments:

Post a Comment